Thursday, February 2

Ahhh, February...

When a knitter's heart turns to thoughts of FINISHING ALL THE THINGS.

February is for Finishing has been a tradition in these parts of the world/blogosphere for years now (please see Kade's blog for a more compleat accounting of such goings on).  As such, it's usually when, if I'm going to get any knitting or crocheting momentum going for the year, that's gonna happen.

I very much want to get both my knitting and my ravelry mojo back.  Plskthnx.

At the same time, I am trying to invest more energy into, and retain the ground I've gained with, my planning system.  Well, not so much the system itself as the habit of using said system.  And journaling, which I've discovered over the past year.  And all those little health habits I'm supposed to do daily (and not just "supposed to" be doing because someone said so, but no, really, actually am supposed to be doing because I know from experience these things make me happier, more comfortable, and saner, like, IDK, drinking plenty of water?  Yes, that.)

Clear as mud so far? Good.  Thought so.

I've been thinking about blogging, too.  About why I've had *so much* trouble blogging the last few years, and where the confusion or resistance is coming from.  At least part of it has been because I'm not really sure what this blog should be.  I want to write, and feel connected, I feel like I'm more myself and more the person I *want* to be when I do blog, so I know my generalized reasons for wanting to.  But what I don't feel like I have is a central "theme".  The other thirds of our little hive mind (Kade and Jess) have ostensibly knitting-themed blogs.

I've found though, that I want something much more holistic.  I don't always want to talk about knitting.  Sometimes I don't have any knitting to talk about.  (We won't get into my yardage knit for the last two or three years, k?)  Sometimes I want to talk about other things I'm passionate about: tarot and oracle cards, for instance, or witchcraft, or fandom (maybe someday maybe), or podcasts, or writing, or planning, or art journaling... or heck, even cooking*.

But in the spirit of February first, I'm going to at least start with the knitting.

The Projects in Progress (not counting deep, deep hibernation on one or two very long term things) are, in no particular order:

"Uncommon Dragon" socks (Lara Neel) in KP Stroll "peapod"

Even Flow Cardigan (Joji Locatelli) in Morning Meadows Alpaca

Comfort and Joy "Project Peace Cowl" (Chrstina Campbell) in Dragonfly Fibers Pixie "Urban Fox"

Knit Your Love (Martina Behm) in Wandering Wool's Saranac Fingering

This Bliss Cowl (Fatimah Hinds) in Dragonfly Fibers Djinni Sock "Big Sky"

Lithos Cardigan (Jennifer Dassau) in KP Biggo "Rabbit Heather"


Please note that the extant photos are the most recent taken, but do not necessarily show the actual progress on the project(s) in question.   ;)


* We're doing HomeChef now and it's been both a life changer and a life saver, really for real.  

No comments: