On Thursdays We:
make coffeemake our husband make us coffee because it's his day off
- go to work, like all good little worker-bees
- eat leftovers for dinner (hooray! no cooking!)
Except that's all the boring stuff, right? Now for the
good great parts:
I got my latest order from The Bar-Maids today.
|A full-sized Lo-Lo in Hookah Girl, smaller Wild Rose and |
Ella Mint, a Cuticle stick and a tester of Eve's Folly
Things Heard, But Not Seen:
I'm making my way through the back episodes of "Stuff You Missed in Hisotry Class", which is a fabulous, fabulous podcast that's exactly what it says on the tin. The hosts (there are several, since the podcast has been going since around 2008) take you through obscure or just under-explored moments in history. The audio quality is excellent, and so far all the hosts are extremely engaging. I've made myself a playlist of all the episodes under 20 minutes and I'm listening to those first, so I'm going through quite a few in a day.
Things Seen, But Not Heard:I didn't get much reading done today, just a handful of articles here and there. I've got a slew of comics and novels I want to bump to the front of my mental queue though. (Meanwhile, Brian is powering through the entire Anita Blake series in about a week and half. Yes, you read that right. It'll probably take me about five or six times longer.)
The best bits by far to come across my dash today were:
- Simon Pegg Will Co-Write the Next Star Trek Movie
- How French Fashion Helped Change the Mind of 18th Century Anti-Vaxxers
- How is a Mathematical Proof Like Frodo's Journey in Lord of the Rings?
- Have a spectacular (though unfortunately fan-made) Lego Smaug (I WOULD PAY GOOD MONEY FOR THIS SET, LEGO!)
- Funko Pop reveals for their Age of Ultron line-up (spoiler: no Black Widow, but we finally get Hawkeye! There was a great one of Natasha from Winter Soldier though. Methinks a purchase is in my future...)
- And last but not least, Rachel (of Rachel and Miles) will be X-plaining X-Men Evolution each week along with all their other usual features.
No knitting was harmed (or attempted) in the making of this day.