Well, most of the time. (A little bit of space-cadet is inevitable, right?)
When I was thinking through whether or not to start blogging again, I took a long hard look at where I wanted my blog to go. Most online resources weren't ultimately helpful, because over and over what I found were sites explaining how to manage, promote, and make money from your blog. Which is totally valid, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't what I wanted to be doing.
What did I want to be doing?
Well, good question. I'm still not sure I know the answer to it. That means this incarnation of my life online may not have a clear format or direction, at least not at first. It means I may, by turns, talk about utterly mundane minutiae of daily life, or about knitting, or about fandom, or cooking or religion. Maybe all of that at once (I like to multi-task, you know). Or maybe I'll just post pictures (see also: the Instagram feed below).
Where all of the above comes together is the Very Experimental Mary Sue You project that the Hive Mind and I are trying out.
To sum up:
What You Will (Probably) Find Here:- Knitting (occasionally crocheting or other needle crafts, but mostly knitting.)
- Attempts at grain-free baking
- Attempts at (pseudo) locavore and “primal” cooking (but can we not call it that? My inner anthropologist twitches when we call it that)
- The Cult of the Fitbit (but no running)
- Fandom musings (included, but not limited to: Avengers, Leverage, Jane the Virgin, White Collar, Criminal Minds, Reign, Constantine, Harry Potter, X-Men, etc., etc., etc. Really, a lot of the things. I have a lot of fandoms, okay?)
- Attempts at that amorphous state called "being an adult"
- Heretical thoughts about at least three religions. Maybe more.
- Did I mention knitting and fandom? Because that's a thing.
- Fanfiction (I write it and read it)
- Shiva Nata
- Art (sketching, digital art, paper crafts such as quilling and origami, model painting, and other random things I decide to try out. Oh, and in the springtime? Pysanka.)
- Pictures of food. And yarn. And artwork. And possibly my house.
- Things I like.
What You Will (Probably) Not Find Here:- Preachy "you must eat/do or not eat/not do this or that thing for whatever reason" messages. I'm not an expert of much of anything, and I'm certainly not a scientist or medical doctor or other health practitioner. I have opinions. I have things that work for me. They may or may not work for you, and that's okay.
- Conventional ideas about health and wellness
- Conventional ideas about religion
- Fandom wank. I am not ruling out speaking plainly about what I think about a fandom I love, but first and foremost, I watch/read/think about fandoms because I like them. And I like to focus most of the things that I like about them, not what's wrong with them.
- DC (as a fandom). I'm a loyal Marvel girl. (There may be exceptions made for seasons 1 and 2 of Arrow.)
-Things I don’t like.
So that's that. Welcome, come in, pull up a chair or a cushion or curl up in the sunny corner of the couch and enjoy!